Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Problems installing Adobe Reader on IE.?

My old version of Adobe Reader (7.0 I think) wasn't working properly - and everytime I clicked on a link from the Internet to open a pdf, the whole of Internet Explorer would close down. However, when I saved the link to my desk top and then opened the saved file, they would open fine.



This was bugging me, so I removed the Adobe Reader version, and went to install the new version 8.1. But now I can't install it! It downloads 100% according to the download manager status thing, but then an error message comes up saying "Windows canoont access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item."



I've tried again with no firewall on and IE security on the lowest setting; same problem.



I'm running a Dell laptop with IE; Zone Alarm Security suite and Symantec AntiVirus.



Any suggestions, please?!



Problems installing Adobe Reader on IE.?internet explorer



uninstalll ..... than run ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com



than reinstall adobe ................. ll



Problems installing Adobe Reader on IE.?microsoft office internet explorer



try reinstalling adobe acrobat and use firefox
did you remove the old one? and then reboot, stop any programs you dont need from running, look in task manager. adobe 7 should work fine. 8 has things you wont need.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_...



try that instead =)



should work, its a full install without the use of any download manager..



do NOT switch off your firewall.
Hi, Completely Uninstall Adobe Reader 7.0 frome your computer and go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/re... to download the latest version 8.1 this should work , or reinstall Windows Internet Explorer 7....because according to your details the problems occur from IE7
I am thinking are you logged into your computer with administrator permissions, then I am thinking is you windows installation genuine and up to date.
You might need to download a Service pack(SP) for IE, you can find them on www.microsoft.com/downloads
http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_... this site it will solve your problem, what ever you do NEVER switch off your FIREWALL

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin