Wednesday, November 25, 2009

If I remove Internet explorer 7, will I automatically have IE 6 back?

Iternet Explorer 7 is causing me problems. I have read that I can remove IE7 and I will automatically revert to my prior IE browser, IE6. I would like that, but when I look at the list of programs on my computer, I do not see IE 6. All I see is IE 7. Did Microsoft remove IE6 when they installed IE 7--or is it there somewhere--or does it just come back? I am concerned if I remove IE7 that I might be left with no browser.



If I remove Internet explorer 7, will I automatically have IE 6 back?microsoft



Yes. IE7 is just an add on to IE6



IE6 is nearly unable to install. Your are OK just uninstalling IE7



If I remove Internet explorer 7, will I automatically have IE 6 back?microsoft access internet explorer



I have removed IE7 two times now. Dont worry it just reverts back to IE6.
Yes. My friend removed IE 7 and when she restarted her computer IE 6 came back.
Yes, you will have IE 6 back if you uninstall IE 7. You might want to try Firefox. It's very good and a bit more secure than IE. You will still need IE for Microsoft updates tho'.



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
yes when you uninstall IE7, it will revert back to IE6, however you will get warning messages that some program might not work if you uninstall IE7 etc. but that does not matter. You should try other steps to see if you can get IE7 working properly.
You shoudl have IE 6 back. I downloaded IE 7 and it froze my entire computer up! I couldn't even open my homepage. My computer was fine prior to installing IE 7, so I assume it was the new browser. I ran a system restore on my computer and it worked wonderfully.



-go to control panel



-on left side of screen look under "see also"



-click on help %26amp; support



-when new screen opens up, look under pick a task and click on link that says "undo changes to your computer with system restore"



-when the next screen comes up, click on restore my computer to an earlier time



-you will be prompted to pick an earlier date



-remember to pick a date when you did not have IE 7



-restore system



I am not sure if there is another way to remove it. I am sure there probably is. I would like to point out that if you restore your system, it will lose all updates/installs you have done after the selected date. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin