Friday, November 27, 2009

How can I get rid of Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows XP?

Help, whenever I am running a windows program (office, wmp, even realplayer) and I want to follow a link they open IE 7, when I want to use Firefox, my default browser.



What I know:



I know that I can individually select some programs to run firefox as a default. I know some people insert code or mess with the registry, but sadly I'm not that advanced.



The problem,



Is that when I use Netzero to log on it resets to ie 7, or for example when I want to find clip art on word it opens ie 7.



Comments are welcome, but answers will be greatly appreciated.



How can I get rid of Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows XP?windows explorer



Continue to use FireFox as your primary browser. If you have no problems with Internet Explorer and popups, then quit using it. But I would uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6. Visit my answer at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?... for more details.



You see, you MUST have Internet Explorer with WIndows XP. It's a part of the system. It is the only thing that you have that really runs ActiveX, so some websites won't work without it. You also can't get further Windows Upates without it.



You should have an anti-spyware solution on your computer. I recommend that you go to http://www.download.com and get AD-AWARE and SpyBot Search %26amp; Destory. Install, run, update and scan your computer with both programs.



These are cleanup tools. Ad-aware cleans files, and SpyBot cleans the registry



Good luck and Happy Computing!



How can I get rid of Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows XP?microsoft zune internet explorer



You can't get rid of IE. Its so entangled in the OS you'll never be 100% rid of it.



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293907
Go to add/delete programs then click add/delete windows programs. After a few moments it will load and you will have a list of stuff such as internet
delete it from the start menue y would u want to do that



if u do get firefox



u didnt set it ad default email me i can tell u more my frend works for the geek scuad il ask him
In control panel select "Add/Remove Programs"



Under "Windows Components" clear the Internet Explorer check box.
Try and dump the bloated, useless Net-Zero software and create your own DUN connection manually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin