Friday, November 27, 2009

How to Ajust timeout in IE or Firefox?

After the earthquake in Taiwan my internet access is terribly slow. I live in Thailand.



IE keeps timing out because the pages take too long to load, is there a way I can adjust IE to wait longer before giving a gateway timeout or page not found error?



I only get about 10 kbps...



How to Ajust timeout in IE or Firefox?microsoft frontpage



In Firefox



in the address cell type about:config then in the filter cell type timeout



adjust network.http.keep-alive.timeout value instead of 300 ( 5 minutes ) to 600 ( 10 minutes ) or any other values



this value is no of seconds 60*5 = 300



How to Ajust timeout in IE or Firefox?windows vista home premium internet explorer



Sawadi, Khrup, Khum sabi di, lur?



Have you tried the optimizers like running http://pclinuxos.com that contains firefox with speed enhancement? Also, there are some other hints and tips on speeding up a slow connection, at the websites by Mozilla.org



The cables are getting done and should be fixed in about two weeks, as I understand! I build/rebuild old pentium class systems, put pclinuxos on them, and they run upto 50X faster.



So, I need to find out data on the mainboards from Taiwan, if I install a used board in a system, and the web sure slowed after that storm ripped up the major cables!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin