Wednesday, November 25, 2009

After installing Vista upgrade I want to remove IE. Not listed in programs on Control Panel. Tried %

Vista would'nt allow deletion...got a window regarding permissions which I resolved. After that I went through all of the start%26gt;run%26gt;yaddy yaddy and no results How do I remove IE totally and completely from my computer. I've been through all the steps that were listed at the Micro...website and nothing has worked. I have so many apps and programs that automatically plug-in to IE on startup that I have to turn my PC on 30 minutes before I can use it. I need HELP getting out of the Vista/IE blackhole...I've never had a program that I was unable to REMOVE.



After installing Vista upgrade I want to remove IE. Not listed in programs on Control Panel. Tried %win andinternet explorer download



You can't,it is part of windows, it would help your computer to boot up faster if you add more ram.



After installing Vista upgrade I want to remove IE. Not listed in programs on Control Panel. Tried %win andwindows xp internet explorer



Hi,



in regards to all that crap starting at start up:



click on start; run; and type in "msconfig" without the " "



go to startup and uncheck all that annoying stuff that is there at startup.



Now to remove IE7 try this - go to my computer, and click on "add or remove programs" then look for "uninstall windows components" try to remove the program that way.
Actually, I hate to say it, but if Vista is anything like XP, there is no way to uninstall IE. IE is so tied into Vista's OS that to remove would compromise the system. My suggestion is that you install Firefox, which is way better then IE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin